It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about a bucket. (It’s been a while since I’ve come across a blog-worthy bucket.)
But all that changed last Saturday, when I found this little bucket.
She was sitting all alone in the makeup aisle at Target.
(Not my Target, mind you. My Target sells far fewer storage solutions of any kind ever since the introduction of "banana madness". What’s banana madness? That’s my term for Target’s decision to turn every store into a grocery store. This seemed fine on paper. In fact, when they were making the transition I would excitedly exclaim “the bananas are coming!” to my family members. I was giddy about the change. I thought it would mean fewer trips to the store, because I could pick up bananas and other grocery items while out doing my Target run. But when the bananas arrived I realized the introduction of bananas (and all of the other grocery items) meant essential-to-me-items like favorite storage solutions had moved out of my Target! So now, instead of fewer trips to the store, I have to make trips to much farther away Targets when I need essential storage solutions like ITSO bins. This is exactly what I was doing when I came across the cute little canvas bucket.)
You can imagine, these days when I find storage solutions that I love at Target…I get very excited! Which is exactly what happened when I saw the canvas bucket. Since I’m not one to buy something unless I know what I’m going to use it for, I racked my brain for an excuse…I mean legitimate reason…to purchase this bucket. And then it hit me: I could use the little bucket to store my knitting stuff!
I typically knit in the family room on “the big chair,” but recently I have been knitting before bed…to help me relax and fall asleep more easily. My cute little canvas bucket will make it simple to transport my knitting projects between rooms. And so the bucket hopped into my cart and we lived happily ever after. (Or at least we plan to.)
1) Canvas buckets are a fun home storage solution that can be used for a variety of storage needs. Consider using them to store and corral knitting items and other craft supplies, stuffed animals, toys, laundry or dry cleaning.
2) When you’re out shopping for storage solutions, think about how you will use an item and what problem it will solve for you, before putting the item in your cart. Containers without a purpose can become a source of clutter just like any other unneeded or unused item in our homes.
3) Canvas buckets can be used for a bunch of home storage needs. They're light weight and portable, and can be found in a variety of styles and sizes. Here are a few that are catching my eye right now:
Cuffed Fabric Bin from The Container Store
I love the colors of these but really, they had me at Reisenthel. (I love their products.) These would be fun in a kid’s room corralling small items like hair accessories, small stuffed friends, nail polish, or lotions.
Raccoon Bucket from The Container Store
Wouldn't this be super cute in a young child’s room storing toys or laundry, or in the nursery storing baby care items? I think yes.
Crunch Can from The Container Store
These could be used throughout the house from the laundry room, to the bedroom. My daughter has a couple of these in her bedroom storing stuffed animals and we use another one as her laundry hamper.
Threshold Basket from Target
Target calls my beloved canvas bucket a basket. While I found mine in the makeup aisle, it didn’t belong there. I found others in the bath towel section of Target, but I couldn't find this item online. So if you're interested in this bucket, head to Target and then head to the bath towels department.
4) Target is still a great place to buy storage solutions, especially at the bigger stores.
5) If you're looking for other home storage ideas, check out my home storage solutions pinboard on pinterest.
What do you think of canvas buckets? Are you using any in your home? And how about banana madness? Do you love having the grocery items at Target or are you missing favorite items that they no longer have space for? Thanks for sharing!